Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

happy halloweeeeen!



We found a spooky black cat and a little garden gnome in a field and decided to bring them home for Halloween this year. After all, they were pretty cute.


Or, maybe we just stopped to take pictures in a field next to dad's work before any candy-induced crankiness set in... ;) 


My goal this year was to spend as little money as possible on their costumes, so we kept them simple and the only part I ended up having to buy was the black cat tail. We already had the cat ears from the animal ear headbands I made a couple of years ago (although they are not pictured in that post because I hadn't glued them onto a headband yet), and I borrowed the cute gnome hat from my friend Danielle. Everything else we had in our closets or costume box, including my very last minute pirate duds. I made the dress Lark wore when LM was Little Red Riding Hood, and I discovered that sweet red Swiss dirndl in my stash. Around Halloween it really pays off to be a collector/seller (hoarder) of vintage children's clothing!

The girls loved trick-or-treating and we have all been eating too much candy... Happy Halloween!!! And, Happy Weekend!


8 comments:

  1. So cute! And I thought that place looked familiar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her little gnome outfit turned out so cute! And those animal ear headbands are ridiculously cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! (You're right, it does pay off at Halloween to be a collector of vintage kid's clothes!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cutest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such cuties! glad y'all had a great halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable!!! Happy to be your newest follower! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog and I am such a fan! I love that little gnome costume! Such a unique idea! I will definitely be following you from now on! I just spent way too much of my night perusing your site :)

    xo,
    Isobel
    www.holdenonbaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That has so be the cutest garden gnome I've ever seen in my whole life!! (Admitably, I am a bit of a sucker for cute dirnln.)
    So sweet!

    ReplyDelete