Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

playing house

sources: 1//2//3//4

Can I tell you I dream of the house we will someday own practically everyday? You probably haven't realized since I don't have much occasion to talk about it, but we live with my dad at the moment. It is where we need to be at this time in our lives, and honestly, I love my dad. It's kind of awesome to see him almost everyday, watch my children develop a bond with him that I never had with my grandparents, and infinity bonus points - he is a cleaning nut so our messes will oft times magically disappear.

I know I will look back and cherish this transition period and probably miss his presence terribly at times, but that house lingering in our future is beckoning me... and lately, its call has been getting louder. I am happy to say we are getting closer to being able to answer that call, but in the meantime I have succumbed to playing house on Pinterest in order to try and settle down my nesting instincts.

My dream home has quirky charm, white walls, wooden floors, lots of sunshine streaming through the windows, and a big yard with a garden - I'll stop before tire swing and chickens (but, oh yes, I would take them). More importantly though, I dream of a place that is full of love and laughter, security and the Spirit, and little feet padding through hallways. And, when I think about it that way it helps knowing I already have all of those things right here, right now.

So, I'll continue to be as content as possible with our situation (I know some days will be harder than others), but I will never stop dreaming of our very own someday home.

sources: 1//2//3//4

The link to my Pinterest on the side bar isn't working right now (will get it fixed soon), but you can follow my pins here if you'd like.

***Also, Danielle made it to the finale of Project Run & Play! Her signature look is darling and so well designed. I would buy it for my girls in a heartbeat! Go see it here and vote!




2 comments:

  1. Following!

    Darling choices. I found my dream home after many years of living with a friend and wanting/waiting. It has been worth the wait and I really connect with you in this blog and remembering what it was like for me at that time. I am excited for future you!

    ReplyDelete